Saturday, December 19, 2015

Deck the Halls, I forgot the holly

But that's because it's not native around here and it's inclusion seems to make more sense in other parts of the country, at least in the northeast where holly trees abound. To come across a holly tree in the grey leafless northern forest is quite dramatic to the eye.  And there is that pokey aspect; I would have been running around daubing people with peroxide and handing out cute little Christmas themed band-aids

So for our wreath making workshop, I brought a smorgasbord of the greens from our hood: Olive, Doug Fir, Redwood, Red Toyon, Privot, Eucaplytus.... There were a lot of people new to wreath making and all happily plunged in. Then a number sort of stalled for awhile, getting their bearings. 








Then it was as if someone pressed the play button and off they went. Not everyone's got photographed and that is my bad, I'm sorry about that, because each and every one deserved it's wreath moment in the spotlight. Thanks everyone. I hope to see you next year for round 2!

1 comment:

  1. very nice
    http://mlak11-mlak.blogspot.com/2015/10/keys-to-happiness.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete