Sunday, November 29, 2015

Y Oh Y and other post-Thanksgiving musings


When will I ever learn? Do not walk away from the nuts. I hope you enjoyed some moments of lightness and gratitude this Thanksgiving. I had a nice one too, thanks (after roasting more pecans). We were a smaller group this year; a fine variation, cozy and intimate. 

My friends/extended family hosted again. So I got away without making a turkey another year. Yay!  I know it's just a big roast chicken but it's daunting. See what happened to the nuts?

I saw a girlfriend the next day and asked if she enjoyed the gathering she went to. "It sucked", she said in her proper British accent. "I felt so alone, but I wasn't alone". We commiserated about lost family and friends. Yeah, tis the season for feeling overwhelmed and sad, maybe missing people and feeling left out if you were brought up in a Christmas centric family- or weren't and wanted to be part of the magic you thought everyone else was feeling but you. 

 It's okay. It's okay. Only 5 more weeks to go. Take this holiday season and plan your strategy: full embrace, leave town, dedicate yourself to doing something, anything that lifts you out of your frame of mind. You know where I'll be; trying to work my way through it with flowers and creating beauty/flower medicine with and for others.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment