Sunday, October 19, 2014

Downward Dog, anyone?

Some of my yoga class got together this Saturday. We kept our shoes on, wore "regular clothes" and dangley jewelry and stayed right side up. This group is the real deal. We have come together for many years in a small, no frills room to do yoga together with our beloved  teacher, Claire Colvin. Year in, year out, here we are. But not today.




Today we had pruners and flowers in hand.
Truly, if you had told me three years ago that I would be teaching a floral class to my fellow practitioners, I would have laughed; me-teach-performance anxiety- no way- flowers- maybe- what? 

But that's what yoga does eventually. It opens you right up.

Everyone dove right in, chatting, laughing, helping each other, and doing a little extra foraging in Iris's beautiful garden- er, outdoor room. Thanks again for hosting, Iris. Everyone came away with an amazing Pave' and we raised some money for Yoga Center of Marin. 


Claire, Kathleen, Maryann, and Iris in Iris's garden
Maryann, Claire, Kathleen, Peggy, Ruth, and Iris 
Stacy 



 








And their creations!










No comments:

Post a Comment