Monday, May 5, 2014

The National Flower of Spain

 These carnations are so amazing; there is so much going on in each flower and the brown undertone keeps it from being garish. I know- most people yawn when they see a carnation. Flowers come and go in fashion and carnations are pretty unpopular now; on the west coast, anyway. No wait- I mean to say that they're are popular as cut flowers/fillers in supermarkets but are perceived as too common for special events. Designers tend to avoid them. Which probably means they'll get "discovered" again. I think they deserve another shot.

The lure of the carnation for me is the spicy scent. It's my favorite flower smell. Roger and Gallet began making a perfume called Blue Carnation in 1937. They seem to have discontinued making it recently. I found some of their carnation soap in a store that sold discontinued merchandise about a year ago. The scent was incredible. Damn. No matter. I'm even less inclined to wear perfume as I am to wear jewelry. 

Guess I need a post it note that says : Wear jewelry-today!









No comments:

Post a Comment