Monday, March 24, 2014

Getting to that Viburnam



Debra Prinzing, author of many books on the "Slow Flower Movement"
http://www.debraprinzing.com/ and organizer of the Floral Design portion of SFLandscape Garden Show doesn't forget  a thing. I had requested green viburnam when she asked for a wish list of flowers from the designers for the floral demos. She ended up cutting them from a garden of the home she was staying at. That gesture was very touching and indicative of the way she remembers the details for everyone. If I hadn't been so nervous and out of body because of the excitement of having a chance to give a talk, I probably would have burst into tears. And then I promptly forgot to use them during my talk, as well as hitting on a few key elements of my presentation. There's a learning curve to a big stage. I've know from singing performances how effective nerves are for pruning your memory away!




So during clean up today, I played around with them a little, along with the rest of the leftovers.

I think tomorrow I'll just put them in a vase all by themselves. After this past weekend seeing so many arrangements felt like eating a great big visual Thanksgiving dinner. Now it's all over and I want is something simple to look at to cleanse the palette. Thanks again, Debra.




No comments:

Post a Comment