Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ammi majus forest in Cucumber Land






































 Ammi majus  sounds like some kind of Hindu mantra- Hari Krishna, Hari Krishna, Ammi majus, Ammi majus.....
This is the Latin name of the flower I've known as Queen Anne's Lace, though it's really False Queen Anne's Lace- or Bullwort, Bishop's Weed, False Bishop's Weed and on and on.

I bought a bunch the other day at the Farmer's Market and came home regretting it. I decided I did not like Ammi majus anymore. No not at all, Sam I am. It was seen through the eyes of a bored lover after the flame has fizzled. Why did I buy it?

Poor flower. Then the challenge- how can I see it with  eyes anew? It's play time.  Ammi majus is a member of the carrot family, the same as dill, cucumber's good friend in the canning world. So there's my container. A bunch of Ammi majus can look pretty chaotic  with all the branching and leaves. When I sort them out and let them show more individually,they really do look quite lovely. 
Ah, the flame rekindled.




No comments:

Post a Comment