Thursday, April 25, 2019

Ode to Purple



Every year I must, must have Frittilarias- especially Frittiallaria Meleagris, it's checked pattern and subdued purple making it remarkably distinct.



Sadly at present the only source in the trade I've found is from Holland. I am not adverse to buying from Holland on occasion, but frittialaria varieties don't seem to travel very well and I often pass their rather bedraggled selves at the SF Flower Mart. Happily, there were some fine looking ones available before Easter. The delicate flowers, the leaves, the curving stems.... I indulged!

And every year, I must have scented lilacs (not all are)-and the Farmer's Market has a great selection.

The vase: paper collage done on a thrift store find.

So here are a few variations using the same flowers.
In my workshops I suggest the idea of reworking an arrangement to create another variation. It's hard to let go of something when you are very pleased with the result, but it's a great learning tool.

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment