Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A Wedding bouquet





I was practicing a new technique for making a cascading bouquet for a bride recently and ended up making two bouquets. This one didn't make the grade.  

Some weddings are planned out in advance and you get to know the bride and groom quite well. It's a strange kind of intimacy. Usually the affair lasts only till the day of the wedding.You can be in contact daily, exchanging photos, thoughts and a creative journey. Then- it's over. The little flower world you have created is taken apart and dispatched. Sigh... 

Other's are a simple delivery request for flowers without fanfare or much knowledge of flowers on the bride's part. As was the case for this cascading bouquet. The once standard meet and greet in person is now done by email. So I didn't meet Sarah till the delivery. She paused (not all women in this state of preparation do) and seemed truly delighted. The flowers for this wedding, with the garden roses and dusky pink carnations was one of the most scented groups I've made. Making them was a feast for the senses. It made me wish that I had been making them for a couple I had more of an the opportunity to connect with. 

Ah well. Regardless of the depth of the relationship, I give the best I have. Keeping that effort true and strong is what matters and requires as much intention as practicing any mechanical technique.




No comments:

Post a Comment