Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Pave'/Flower Carpets Workshop!

It's Pave' Workshop time again. I usually hold this workshop around Valentines Day. As many people come back again and again to do Pave', it will be held later so we'll have a different seasonal group of flowers to play with. These flower carpets are more like painting to me than any type of arrangement. A flat shallow container of water holds the short stems and there is a painterly aspect to creating these shallow 3 dimensional compositions that can be geometric and tidy or sprawling and natural. In keeping with my promise to myself to broaden my color palette, I am exploring colors that are not magenta and mauve. 

Workshop Details:
Date: April 7, Sat
Time: 9:30-1:30
Cost:$115 includes all materials but not container
Where: College of Marin
Link for workshop, listed under HOME AND GARDEN
https://marincommunityed.augusoft.net/


 


P.S.
Those gosh darn dandelions. And the sour grass; just can't stop them from getting in everywhere!






And speaking of Pave's being painterly; I find this resulting photo flattened and floating in an interesting way. If a painting were made from it that was big enough to fill a wall, it might have the feeling of a photo realist painting- or not.

2 comments: