Monday, March 14, 2016

Master's Class with the Little Flower School

  



I'm shaking in my boots from excitement.  I'm a little afraid too- but the best things in life are a mix of both- right?  

This evening I head up to Sonoma to reacquaint myself with the gals who run the Little Flower School out of Brooklyn, NY: Sarah Ryhanen of Saipua and Nicollette Camille of Nicollete Camille Designs. They joined talents and started the school several years ago. Of course they won't remember me at all as I am one of hundreds that have passed through their popular workshops that are held around the world. 

I first met them when they came through 4 or 5 years back on an earlier round of workshops on the West Coast. That was a two hour workshop and now I have two days to pick their brains at a Master's Class Workshop. http://littleflowerschoolbrooklyn.com/coming-soon-sonoma-ca/ .


It is a huge leap of faith because of the investment. But the last time I attended their workshop, I came away with the notion that I could teach, even though I was absolutely terrified of getting up in front of people and talking. I had cleverly and strategically avoided public speaking through college graduation (what you can do when you put your mind to it....) 

I'm now coming up on my third year teaching. Haven't quite tamed the jitters beast, but I love, love teaching and watching the results unfold for those who come back time again to practice this art and craft.  And now it's my time to be the student again and learn more to move my business forward and share in workshops to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment