Monday, September 21, 2015

Forever yours































Sometimes I feel guilty for getting to work to with flowers and not in more direct service to people. It's an incredible amount of work, but to get to create with flowers and be surrounded with all that beauty and energy is an amazing privilege. I've been pulled away from years of painting, in part feeling that real flowers heal and uplift in a more immediate, intimate way. They mark all our significant life passages; in sickness and in health- birth, graduation, marriage,and death. Wired in our DNA, flower love seems part of the human experience. They nourish body, mind, and spirit.

This weekend I got a call from a woman living out of state requesting a bouquet for her friend who had suffered an almost unspeakable loss over 30 years ago. They acknowledged their friendship and this loss every year. Oh my... When I delivered the flowers to her friend she began to cry, I began to cry and we hugged one another and talked. It was an honor to be allowed into that space for a short while. In that moment, doing flowers and being of service came together very meaningfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment