Monday, June 17, 2013

A little behind

You might be able to tell that this photo is out of date. We've long bypassed these hellebores and spring branches. Just checking in. I've been remiss. And it's not as though I haven't had some seriously beautiful flowers around. TraderJoes had some amazing peonies a few weeks back from Half Moon Bay, brought out of deep refrigeration (peonies can be held in refrigeration to delay bloom time). The very first bunch I bought turned from magenta to yellow to antique white. I've never had a flower change color like that while maintaining it's shape. They were spectacular. I kept buying more bunches of them in other colors but none performed that transformation. But for weeks I was engulfed in the subtle scent of peonies. 







No comments:

Post a Comment