Friday, January 26, 2018

My Belated New Year's Resolution

                                     A Darcy Rose trying to masquerade as a Peony                            


 Is late January too late to become resolved? 
Because I'm really serious about this one. 

It's this color, this dark pink/ magenta. It keeps following me around and I can't shake it. It's the color of a lot of my clothes and the minimal lipstick I own. It keeps popping up in my paintings, in my house. It's everywhere. And then there are flowers; the queenly garden roses, peonies, and dahlias- what is that one- that's the size of your head? Emory Paul, that's it- the one I special ordered two weeks ago.
 



If someone were to ask what my favorite color is, I would never, ever, say dark pink/ magenta- It's too girly, too...But just look around- gotcha!

And why do I have such a problem with it, is the question? I think it represents doing something habitually. It's fine to have a go- to color. But it makes me feel in a rut to continually reach for it.
So this year- this year I will resolve to
not go on auto pilot and explore other colors madly, deeply.



No comments:

Post a Comment