Saturday, December 30, 2017

And a Happy New Year



Wreath Season came on and I can't tell you how much fun it was to play outside the box of the traditional wreath. I firmly believe that it is necessary to allow oneself to do adventurous and goofy things in all things creative to keep growing and keep a fresh perspective. Give yourself permission to make something completely out of your comfort zone. There will be something of value to hold on to when you step back in. 

This year I experimented with materials that have been sitting around my studio that were picked up here and there because they were interesting and seemed to have potential for what??? There were bags of cotton fiber and copper wire, leftover flowers left to dry along with leaves that are naturally gold on their back-sides. A friend brought over a piece of beautiful leather that quickly was incorporated as a wrap. Spray paint was involved as well and the hot glue gun. And tassels- did I tell you that I've become a tassel maniac?

They feel like rough sketches; ideas to be refined down the road- or not. 

Wishing all of you a healthy, rich and rewarding New Year. I am so appreciative of the flower loving community that has grown around the 7petals Workshops  and look forward to creating more adventures in the New Year!


                          With and without celosia






No comments:

Post a Comment