Saturday, November 25, 2017

Season of Circles








Here is the the first wreath of the season made this Thanksgiving weekend from a whole shelf full of leftover this and that from events done throughout the summer.  The dried marigolds were bought from Serenity Farms, a small Northern CA Farm https://www.facebook.com/serenityflowerfarm/. They have been growing and drying a lot of flowers this year that one doesn't often see. It appears dried flowers and wreaths are making an appearance again. It's not that they ever completely went away, but they became very predictable and statice filled. With so many local flowers being grown now, I look forward to the growth of this little dried flower/ wreath niche.

I was hoping to use my vast mix to create this wreath, forgetting once again, how much material is required to make a wreath when you want to repeat your pattern. I could have started over making a smaller wreath, but I always like to play.  So the addition of some fresh acacia darkened half of it and felt fitting of my mood around this Thanksgiving- which was a little bit dark and a little bit light.

It is a complicated stew of Thanksgivings past with loved ones gone, our one year old president vs wonderful relationships formed, the growth of 7petals and my beloved family and friends, including finally meeting the magical little Evelyn, my sister's granddaughter showing the rest of the family how to be the best butterfly.








1 comment:

  1. Hi your blog is very beautiful and informative. I have just started writing my blog too on flowers.
    DO check it out anytime :)
    and plz keep posting good stuff ...Love <3
    http://wajidwinni.blogspot.in/2017/11/online-flower-delivery-in-india.html

    ReplyDelete